Sunday, March 7, 2010

What? Really?

I need your opinion on something my fellow bloggers? Do you blog for money? The reason I am asking is because of my husband. I recently told him I was up to 27 followers.  He replied "Cool. How many followers do you need before you start getting paid for you blog?"  I was speechless. I'd never considered blogging for money. I blog just out of my love for writing and communicating with others. He did get me to thinking though.  Would it be so bad to earn a little extra income doing something I enjoy? I'm going to have to look into it. I just wanted to see if any you earn a little extra income from you blog?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 7, 2010 at 4:42 PM , Blogger Neely said...

I'd love to get paid for blogging let me know what you find out :)

 
At March 8, 2010 at 4:23 PM , Blogger Nola said...

I personally DETEST the ads when I visit a blog. Hate to say it, but I just will not follow a blog that's "gone commercial", sorry. I blog for fun,not money.

 
At March 9, 2010 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Single and Sane said...

I don't think it's easy to make money blogging. I tried Adsense just to see what it's like and I think I "earned" a little over $1 with 1700+ hits over a couple of months. You're not actually paid until your blog earns $10.

I've added a counter to my blog to have an idea of how many readers I have. (Just knowing that people actually read it encourages me to keep writing even if I don't have big numbers.) Bloggers with huge followings sometimes sell their own advertising, but I don't know how that works. There's a question for The Lady Bloggers. =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: What? Really? 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 What? Really? 24 25

26
27>