Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Going Green Thumbed?

Back when I was doing my New Years Resolutions I said I was plant a garden this Spring. Well I had totally forgotten about it till I read my friends blog at Alamo North . After reading the post I realized I have no clue about gardening. I don't even know where to start. So my fellow bloggers who garden, I have a TON of questions for you. Okay not a ton but several. Here they go.  How did you get started gardening? What's a good thing to garden for a "newbie?" Where do you find out what your zone is? Tips? Suggestions?
Any advice would be great!
Thanks!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At March 3, 2010 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Nola said...

Carol, First find your zone, then you can plant accordingly. Here the Texas A&M site to find your zone. Their website has tons of info specifically for Texas growers. Browse their site, it has a wealth of info!
http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/ornamentals/natives/hardiness.jpg

 
At March 3, 2010 at 10:50 AM , Blogger Single and Sane said...

Nola is right. The first thing to do is to find out what grows in your area. You also have to evaluate how much sun or shade you'll have. Periwinkles are pretty easy - they will wilt if they go dry, but as long as they're not too thirsty, they'll perk right back up when you water them.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love both of yours!

 
At March 3, 2010 at 10:59 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am in zone 9a. Whatever that means! LOL :) Thanks for the tips ladies.

 
At March 3, 2010 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Thanks for stopping by by blog -- I will for sure be back!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Going Green Thumbed? 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Going Green Thumbed? 24 25

26
27>