Monday, February 15, 2010

F.P.U.

F.P.U stands for Financial Peace University. I've been the University for a almost three weeks. The class is taught by Dave Ramsey. He teaches biblical financial advice. Sounds like a oxymoron doesn't it. At first I thought it was to. Of course I have always dreaded and avoided anything financial.  I mean I paid my bills and everything but as far as saving-yeah right! When I got married I thought my days of dealing with finances were over. WRONG! Here we are taking financial peace together.At first I was really skeptical about the class. I wasn't going to learn anything. I was just going to go to be supportive of Matty.  However Dave Ramsey presents information in such partial yet fun way I couldn't help but learn things. Last week Dave Rasmey said couples need to sit down and create a budget together. AHAH! First the dreaded B-word and then we have to do it together! He's got to be kidding! Well my hubby and I sat down and made a budget. It's going to be for March. I'll let you know how it goes. Here are  Dave Ramsey's Seven Baby Steps To Financial Freedom. 
1. $1,000 to start an emergency fund.
2. Pay off all debt using Debt Snowball
3. Save 3 to 6 months of living expenses in savings
4. Invest 15% of household income into a Roth IRA and pre tax retirement
5.College funding for children
6. Pay off home early
7. Build wealth and give.
I am leaving you with a YouTube video about budget.




I'd love to hear what you think! 

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At February 16, 2010 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Hi Carol, my name is Chel...you stopped by my blog yesterday and I wanted to come by to say hello! I almost didn't find you through the follower link because it wouldn't pull up your profile so I could find your blog (?) but I got resourceful. I figured you came from the Texas Blogging Gals. :-)

So nice to meet you! Looks like you have a fun place here...oh, and I'm SO with you on Dave Ramsey. We are implementing his plan right now. We just started last October, and it has made a HUGE difference for us. Press on! It really will free you up! I can't wait to find out how you guys do with it.

See you again soon!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: F.P.U. 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 F.P.U. 24 25

26
27>