Friday, February 19, 2010

7 Quick Takes


1. EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON! I mean it! Today I was running late to work. I don't like being late-at all!  Well I was on the freeway and I came up behind this bus. I was going to pass it but something said "DON'T PASS!" It sounded like an audible voice. Looking back in retrospect I believe it was the Holy Spirit trying to warn me. Not even a couple of minutes later the bus and a couple of cars directly in front of the bus were in an accident. I couldn't tell what exactly happened from where but I vividly remember seeing the rear axle and tires flying off the bus. Thankfully everyone in the accident was ok. Just remember all things work together for GOOD! 
2. Birthday-Yesterday was my hubby's birthday. We had a wonderful evening together. I painted a picture for him and gave him the first season of "Lie to me." Matt loves that show. We are going to Outback today! I can't wait to sink my teeth into some "Chocolate Thunder From Down Under!" It's gluten free! I'm so happy about that. I'll post some pics soon of the birthday celebration. 
3. Lent-2 days down and so far so good. Giving up facebook was really hard at first. My phone kept sending me all these facebook messages! I thought I was gonna go crazy before I turned the phone messages off.  I haven't had any conversations hearts either.  I think the fact that I have to go to the doctor next week is helping me say no. hehe. The Beth Moore book I am reading is fantastic. See #5
4. Camera-My camera bit the dust this week. Well it had a little help. Hopefully Nikon can fix it and get it back to me soon. Thankfully it's under warrenty. 
5. Beth Moore- I am reading So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore. I've only finished the first chapter but it's so eye opening. I thought I was alone in my struggle with insecurity. Turns out I am not! I think this book might be a good thing to use at our women's retreat later this year. 
6 wedding- I can't believe that my nephew's wedding is in two weeks! Time to finish the last minute cleaning and declutter. My mom, dad, sister will be staying  with us. I hope my camera is back by then. If not I may have to go get cheapie digital camera.  I know the disposal digital camera will not satisfy a photo bug like me. 
7. Blog- I made some changes to my blog. I would love to hear what you think of them. Any ideas, tips, and suggestions would be greatly appreicated. I want share a Bible verse. My friend over at http://www.extravagantgrace.net/ posted a lovely verse and made it into a book mark. I wanted to share it with everyone. Have a safe and blessed weekend. 


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At February 19, 2010 at 6:42 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

Oh wow! The bus thing is plain scary! Glad you listened and didn't pass it.

I like your new banner! It looks really nice.

Hope you and hubby had a great evening and enjoyed your yummy dessert! Mmm...desserts are my weakness.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: 7 Quick Takes 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 7 Quick Takes 24 25

26
27>