Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Letter Q and R

The Letters Q and R
The past few days have been crazy. My friends Jeremy's funeral was Saturday and then the whole thing about the headaches. I have had headaches almost constantly for the last two weeks. Talk about making you crazy! I went to the doctor on Friday and he said it was allergies. He confirmed my fear that the allergies here in Southeast Texas have been worse than usual this year. Anyway he gave me some medicine and this time the medicine is worse than the cure. It makes me physically ill. Well I let him know that he said there was nothing else he could give me and that I would just have to make do the best I can. That on top of everything else going on right now (my job ending, worrying about paying bills,..etc.) I wanted to quit. I haven't felt good and it's affecting every other area of my life-nothings quite as good as it should be. From my blog post to my house keeping,to my work.  I want to crawl up under the covers and not come out until everything better. I think I qualify for a mental mental health day or two-or more. Then in the quiet I hear a still small voice say-"Have you talked to me about what's going on?"  Knowing the answer to that question I cried. "I didn't have time or feel like talking to you about it!" I began to cry. Yet again it seemed like I had abandoned Christ when the storm came. Instead of clinging to Him all the more. I quiescently sat and prayed. I felt Christ peace wrap it's arms around me.  I saw a very in my bible reading that I had never seen before. It said.This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. .(Isaiah 30:15) 
Repentance and rest is you salvation. Repentance-doing a total 180 away from the sin you have in your life. He's calling the Iseralites to get real!  I think he's talking about physical rest but more importantly I think He's talking about mental rest. How many times are we sitting somewhere doing something yet our mind is a million miles away thinking about something else. God wants us to tune everything out and just listen and rest in Him.  In quietness and trust is your strength. Quietness huh? Me quiet? Lord do you know your talking to a motor mouth about being quiet!?  However, I was surprised when I looked at the definition of the word quiet. One of it's meanings is
free from disturbing thoughts, emotions, etc.; mentally peaceful: a quiet conscience. Free from disturbing thoughts? How could I do that? By prayer and keeping my mind on things above. Slowing down and not getting bogged downby our culture. And trust, if we are quiet I believe that we can hear from Him better and hearing Him helps us to trust more. 



 

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At April 20, 2010 at 10:42 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I do feel so sorry for you to be feeling so unwell. I sincerely hope you will feel better soon.
Thanks for submitting this wonderful blog you see we may not know one another personally blogland is a big family and there is always someone here.
My best wishes to you.
Yvonne.

 
At April 20, 2010 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Nola said...

The spring pollen is worse because of the more harsh than usual winter. Hang in there, it will get better; just remember "this, too shall pass".

 
At April 20, 2010 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Beth Zimmerman said...

What a beautiful reminder that we have to be still to truly hear His voice!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

 
At April 20, 2010 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry you're not feeling the best, hope the meds start to work quickly for you. Yes, we must be quiet to hear His voice! I'm glad you are hearing from Him and feeling the peace that passes understanding.

Feel better soon Carol!

 
At April 20, 2010 at 3:22 PM , Blogger Single and Sane said...

He does have a way of giving us just what we need, doesn't He?

I hope your headaches ease up soon!

 
At April 20, 2010 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I'm in North Texas and allergens have been horrific here, too! Sorry they're affecting you so badly.

Excellent post and I just read that scripture yesterday I believe. God is so gracious, isn't He?

I hope you feel better soon!

 
At April 20, 2010 at 4:03 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Amen...great post!

 
At April 20, 2010 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Gregg Metcalf said...

Very ingenious use of the letter Q. I hope that you feel better soon, allegeries are not fun.

 
At April 20, 2010 at 5:57 PM , Blogger Survivormama said...

Allergies are the worst...I too have them...and they make me miserable...hope you feel better soon!

 
At April 20, 2010 at 9:35 PM , Blogger Grammy said...

I'm so sorry you are having such a terrible time with those nasty old pollens! Here in East TN they are worse than ever this spring. My sneezer is working overtime along with everyone else's. Take heart, dear child! Summer is on its way, and the hot sun will drive them old allergies away! A great post that reminds us we need to always look to the Lord for help. Thank you,Ruby

 
At April 21, 2010 at 8:32 AM , Blogger Jan said...

I hope you Quieted and Refreshed.
An excellent post.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: The Letter Q and R 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 The Letter Q and R 24 25

26
27>