Saturday, April 10, 2010

Book Review: Sleep It Does a Family Good

Book Review: Sleep It Does a Family Good by Dr. Archilbald D. Hart



I am reviewing this book for Tyndale Publishing. When I decided to review this book I thought it was going to be like every other book about sleep I’ve read. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t. Sleep it does a family good talks about sleep and sleep problems from a Christian and pro-family aspect. Dr. Hart begins the book by talking about why your family needs sleep and also why we dream. Then the author goes on to help you determine your family’s sleep habits and how to help them avoid hazardous sleep disorders. He helps the reader to see that most families are suffering from sleep deprivation. This discovery leads into the third part of the book, overcoming your family’s sleep deprivation. He offers tips for helping children sleep better along with possible childhood and teenage sleep disorders and their intervention strategies. He also talks about what a family’s sleep bank is and how we can deplete it as well as ways to increase it. He also talks about how sleep affects spirituality and vice versa. It was fascinating because I don’t think I’ve ever read about the correlation between the two. He gives tips on how your pre-sleep routine can be both distressing as well as spiritual. This book offers practical solutions to sleep problems that plague families. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At April 10, 2010 at 9:16 PM , Blogger Diana Ferguson said...

4 out of 4.......pretty good huh!

Have a good weekend.

 
At April 10, 2010 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah Diana. It helped me get rid of a sleep problem another doctor had prescribed sleeping pills for.

 
At April 11, 2010 at 3:48 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I have read quite a few books on sleep as years ago I was having problems sleeping and not wanting to take prescribed medication I bought a book "I Can Make You Sleep" by Paul Mckenna with it came a cd that you play as you're going to sleep.It worked wonders.

I enjoyed your blog and I must say you seemed to find what YOU were looking for,

Have a peaceful Sunday.
Yvonne.

 
At April 11, 2010 at 5:35 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

How very interesting...I think I'll have to check this one out. My husband has trouble sleeping and I would be curious to know what it has to say about many of his tendencies! Especially since he is about to become a new daddy and mommy would like to get some sleep too!

Thanks for the review, this was great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Book Review: Sleep It Does a Family Good 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Book Review: Sleep It Does a Family Good 24 25

26
27>