Sunday, April 11, 2010

J is for Joy, Jogging, and Jelly Beans

J is for Joy, Jogging and Jelly Beans

 

Webster Dictionary defines joy as 1 a : the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the prospect of possessing what one desires. But I think joy is so much more than that. I think joy is a deep happiness and peace that has nothing to do with what is going on around you. It's more than happiness. I think of happiness as circumstantial. It is amazing to see how God provides joy in every situation and you can find that He dwells in the praise of His people; in God’s presence there is joy; in anxiety there is the joy of the Lord that comforts our soul; God’s works fill our hearts with joy, His miracles make our hearts leap for joy! See those verses for yourself! 

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand." Psalm 16:11

"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

"Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs." Psalm 100:2


 Jogging
 I like to jog. Until about a two years ago you would've never ever heard me utter those words. Jogging is stress releasing to me. It clears my head and renews my energy. It's my "me" time. I turn off the world and recharge. I haven't been able to run in couple of months due to some medical problems. I finally got the ok last week to start jogging again. YEAH!  I am training to run a 5k. I don't think I am going to run one but I am at least going to train run one. I am following this training program.You can train along with me to if you'd like 

Jelly beans 
I am addicted to jelly beans! I found some that are gluten free and I'm eating them all the time!Yet, another reason reason I need to start jogging again. Have you ever had something that you were addicted to that you had to give up? What was it and how to you break the addiction?  

Ps. I changing up my blog layout. I'd love to know what you think of it.



Labels:

14 Comments:

At April 11, 2010 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Enjoyed your "J" post....

 
At April 11, 2010 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

I love the look of your blog. Very colorful and pretty!

Jogging - I'm doing (sort of randomly) the Couch to 5k, too. I can't believe that I'm a runner, either. It really is invigorating, isn't it?!

Jelly Beans - YUM!! Have you tried the Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans? Too delicious for words. :)

Great post!

 
At April 11, 2010 at 9:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy jellybeans, I like the pink and blue ones. I would love to jog, but everything flops. I have started jogging down to our letterbox, (we have a long drive) exhausting, hehe, after a minute!

 
At April 11, 2010 at 10:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joy -- I completely agree on your definition!
Jogging -- I would love to be able to jog someday... I need to get back on track walking first and then hoping to do couch to 5K someday, even if it takes me twice as long as it should!
Jelly Beans -- YUM!!!

 
At April 12, 2010 at 12:38 AM , Blogger Natasha said...

You could have described me when you write about your experiences with jogging. Jogging (only, I prefer to call it running), is the only time when I am not a mother, wife, colleague, daughter, or anything else- I am just me.

My knee's been paining a bit recently, so have stopped jogging. Hopefully in a couple of weeks, I should be find again.

~ Rayna

 
At April 12, 2010 at 1:50 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Loved the post, very interesting to read , and pleasurable.

Yvonne,

 
At April 12, 2010 at 2:29 AM , Blogger Jessica Bell said...

LOVE Jelly beans! haven't had them for years. I might have to get someone to post me some as they don't have them here in GReece.

RE your layout. I find it really hard to read. Perhaps you could make your text bold? Or find a way to fade the pictures below your text?

 
At April 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM , Blogger Survivormama said...

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, down in my heart to stay...Can't jog because it is too hard on my knees, and I too posted about jelly beans, but jelly belly's colors and flavors...have a great day!

 
At April 12, 2010 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Raquel Byrnes said...

You know, you're link is kind of wonky...I had to refresh and then only found you by going to your home page...maybe check with the tossing it out guy?

 
At April 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Beth Zimmerman said...

I have given up all refined sugar before and need to do so again. It is definitely an addiction for me and a TOUGH one to break!

At this point in my life I am doing good to WALK but I wish you well in your 5K goals!

 
At April 12, 2010 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Grammy said...

Beautiful new look to your blog! I like it. Jelly beans are what i keep in a cup in my car, only I keep the Jelly Bellies.

I am not a jogger, i do well to walk a bit (bad back and slow legs, ha) but I do keep moving.
Ruby

 
At April 12, 2010 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love your new look...I am working on a new one too for when baby arrives!

I don't jog so I can't relate to that, but I'm sure you are so happy to be able to get back to it.

I really miss ice cream...with my gestational diabetes I've had to give it up mostly, though I have snuck a bit in here and there.

And the joy we receive from God is definitely a forever joy and not related to circumstance at all!

Great post Carol!

 
At April 12, 2010 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Deb said...

great J post...thanks for stopping by to visit...

 
At April 12, 2010 at 7:31 PM , Blogger Tori Cooper said...

I knew something was different... I was pretty sure it was your blog format... nice! I like it! Shabby Blogs has some neat templates! I love Jelly Beans too... I usually can't buy them because I will end up eating the whole bag... :-D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: J is for Joy, Jogging, and Jelly Beans 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 J is for Joy, Jogging, and Jelly Beans 24 25

26
27>