Friday, April 16, 2010

Ode to Aaron and Jeremy

Ode to Aron and Jeremy

With just one look at the paper
everything changed.
Two friends gone suddenly
Though not a the same time.

They could make me laugh
They also had my back
Childhood friends not soon forgotten.

Two friends who I thought I'd see again
But God had other plans.
I'd give anything to talk to them one more time
and let know what an difference they made.

God I don't understand why you give some poeple
such a short time on this Earth.
But I know your plans are dfferent than mine
I take comfort in knowing when my heart is breaking
I never leave His hands.

This poem is deiicated to my friends Jeremy "Jay" Smith and Aron Carley who were taken before their time. Aaron passed away last year and Jermey passed away this week.  This wasn't what I planned on writting about for the blogging challenge. I will post it at a later date.


Labels:

14 Comments:

At April 16, 2010 at 8:10 PM , Blogger Single and Sane said...

What sweet words. May God continue to comfort you, and all those who loved Aaron and Jeremy.

 
At April 16, 2010 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Beth Zimmerman said...

Such a sad sweet poem. Hopefully you will see them again some day on the other side! :)

 
At April 16, 2010 at 9:11 PM , Blogger Karen said...

So sorry for the loss of your friends...this beautiful poem is a nice tribute....

 
At April 16, 2010 at 9:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Ladies. They were great guys. It sad that we don't often appreicate someone until its to late. I hope to seem the on the other side too. :)

 
At April 16, 2010 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Diana Ferguson said...

Sorry for your loss, Carol.

 
At April 16, 2010 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

So sorry to hear of the loss of your friends. Take care.

 
At April 17, 2010 at 12:06 AM , Blogger Arlee Bird said...

We never know when it's time. I've had a few fine friends depart like that and it's always kind of hard to understand. I treasure the times together that we were given.
A nice tribute to Aaron and Jeremy.

Lee
Tossing It Out

 
At April 17, 2010 at 1:35 AM , Blogger Natasha said...

I am sorry for your loss. And you will definitely meet them again- when and how I do not know, but I know unfinished business is always finished, and you never got to tell them how much they meant to you.

~ Rayna

 
At April 17, 2010 at 2:33 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

What a lovely tribute to your 2 friends.
It is a mystery why some pass on before their full potential has been achieved. Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne.

 
At April 17, 2010 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Deb said...

sweet post to two friends

 
At April 17, 2010 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Judging from your words, they obviously touched a lot of lives.

 
At April 17, 2010 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Grammy said...

God bless you, my dear and comfort you in your loss. A lovely poem, indeed. Thank you for sharing of your heart.
Ruby

 
At April 17, 2010 at 4:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am sorry for your loss, that is difficult. This is a beautiful tribute to both of your friends though, they obviously touched a lot of lives in their short time here.

Blessings!
Trudy

 
At April 17, 2010 at 4:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet thoughts and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Ode to Aaron and Jeremy 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Ode to Aaron and Jeremy 24 25

26
27>