Friday, April 2, 2010

C is for Calico Cat-day 3 in the A to Z Blogging Challenge

C is for Calico Cat

C is for Calico  Cat-not just any cat my calico cat.   A calico cat is a cat that is  tri-colored, with patches of white, red or orange, and black fur
My calico cat's name is Nosy Rosie. I call her Rosie for short. I named her Nosy Rosie because when I brought her home she nosed and looked around everywhere. Literally! From on top of the kitchen table, to under the couch, to up on top of the curtains! She still likes to nose around some but not as much as she use to. At nine cat years old (52 in human years) I just don't think she gives a crap anymore. She snuggles with me almost every night and she'll get up and hang out with me while everyone else is still in bed. Lately she has decided to take on the role of my alarm clock. She does a great job of getting me up at the right time. Now, if I can only get her not to "go off" on the weekends. 
She's also very quirky. I have never EVER chased her with a broom or even thought about it for that matter. However, as soon as she sees the broom she flips out and goes into hiding. Rosie has even managed to teach Sophie (our dog) to be afraid of the broom. Rosie also hates to be picked up. Does not matter who or why-- she hates it regardless!. I pick her up anyway and she starts telling me what she thinks of me. When Rosie is upset meows are short and crisp They sound very similar to a dog barking. Weird hunh? I am glad that I can't understand what she telling me because I know its not very nice.
She also has this tongue thing. Well at least she used to. Rosie used to stick out her tongue when she's mad. I'm not kidding.! She would do it and it was so funny that as soon I saw it I would bust out laughing. She did that quite a while but I think she finally got tired of me laughing at her. I'm sure she's probably giving me the bird with one of her paws. now. I just haven't noticed yet.
Still despite her quirkiness I would not trade her for the world. She is very loyal and loving. This is Rosie my calico cat. Do you or have you ever had a cat? What did you think of them? Did they do anything unique or quirky?

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At April 2, 2010 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Grammy said...

Hi, Carol,
I get to be the first to comment on this day's posting by you. I just read the first and second days' postings, I really enjoyed them. I thought the story about your mom's aquarium was both sad and funny. We once had a little fish bowl with a couple of fish in it. One day, my youngest daughter, Teresa (abour 5 yrs old) was carrying around a frying pan and my sister asked her why. Teresa said she was waiting for Margaret to fry the fish. Ha ha. BTW, Teresa and her husband, Tom, have a cat that is a Russian Blue named Shadow that they love dearly. I would love to have a cat, but I am afraid she would trip up my husband who is not too steady on his feet. Thanks for visiting my post. Hope you will come back to see me. Best regards to you. Ruby

 
At April 2, 2010 at 10:46 PM , Blogger Gregg Metcalf said...

Yes, we have two cats. One is an orage cat I have had since he was 4 or 5 weeks old. He is now 6 weeks old and his name is Theophilus, Theo for short.

Our second cat is a short hair Tortise colored cat. Her name is Coco. She is the most affectionate cat I have ever had. I love her to death.

She too is nosey. She gets into everything.

Your Rosie sounds delightful! Great post the letter C

 
At April 3, 2010 at 1:25 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

I had a calico cat for fourteen years, the last 4 yrs of her life she had diabetes and needed 2 shots of insulin daily which I did after the vet showing how to do it.
She was a loving cat and like yours get up to everything.
Thank you for a lovely post it brought back many memories of myTabitha.

Happy Easter
Yvonne.

 
At April 3, 2010 at 2:12 AM , Blogger Jessica Bell said...

I had cats when I was a kids. I was obsessed with them. I had books and books of them too. I guess since my partner convinced me to get a dog though I've become a dog person. You can see a pic of my lovely dalmatian on my blog ;)

Also, here in Greece, not many people have cats as pets - they are mostly stray. Which is a horrible shame I must say ...

 
At April 3, 2010 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Cats are such unique critters. I used to think all they did was eat and hide under the bed, as my parents' cats always did. But since then, I've seen firsthand that each one has his own personality. And they don't all hide under the bed!

 
At April 3, 2010 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Survivormama said...

When I was small we had a wonderful cat..black and white, he was awesome, but when we moved he refused to go with us in the car. I am allergic to them now so my hubby and I have two little mini doggies, 4 children, and a partridge in a pear tree! Love this post, cute cat!

 
At April 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Single and Sane said...

What a cutie! I have a Lucy who isn't big on being picked up either, but I'm convinced she secretly likes it...she just has a cat's aloof reputation to maintain.

 
At April 3, 2010 at 12:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I can't believe I didn't think of blogging about my cats today... the thing about this a-to-z challenge is that I find myself wanting to write multiple blogs a day. Maybe I'll save the cat blog for K and blog about the kitties. :) Thanks for sharing yours with us!

 
At April 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll give a sneak peak here. I currently have 2 cats - Oliver is a siamese-mix who loves reading books with me, going outside in the sunlight, and trying to eat plants. He also loves my little boy and is so good with him. It is adorable to watch them together. Bailey is a black domestic longhair who we have raised from kittenhood. He loves knocking things off of tables, bathrooms (and water), and relaxing on the beanbag. We had a cat named Abby who ran away a few months ago... she was tiny but definitely queen of this house! She was a sweetheart but definitely high-maintenance.

 
At April 4, 2010 at 12:34 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Rosie is beautiful...love those green eyes! I have a domestic shorthair, Ishy. She is a bit skitty and also doesn't like to be picked up, but tolerates it when my husband does so. I don't pick her up, I always tease him that she comes to me willingly! I had her for 2 years before meeting my husband.

Pleased to meet you through the A to Z challenge and I will be back to visit often!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: C is for Calico Cat-day 3 in the A to Z Blogging Challenge 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 C is for Calico Cat-day 3 in the A to Z Blogging Challenge 24 25

26
27>