Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Prayer

Prayer
Prayer has been coming up in my mind a lot this week. There are so many things going on these days. From the changing American society, health concerns of loved ones and friends, uncertainties about the future and so much more. I think we often forget the power of prayer. We get so wrapped up in our lives that we forget who is the source of life. There are so many passages in the Bible that talk about prayer. One verse in particular that keeps coming to my mind is I Thessalonians 5:16-18. “16 -18 Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.” From the Message. I will be the first to admit that this passage can be a challenge-especially for me. I am a natural born pessimist. It is much easier for me to assume the worse than to be cheerful.-let a lone thank God-no matter what. Thankfully God has placed me with an optimistic husband and friends. Slowly but surely God is teaching me to thankful despite circumstances. Now does this verse mean to literally stay on bended knee 24-7? I think not. I believe it means to stay in a state of prayer all the time. Keep the line of communication open with the Father. I find it easiest to communicate with Him by short simple phrase. Just whatever is on your heart-tell God about it. You will find Him listening.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 25, 2010 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's so true - thankfulness and positivity will get you through anything. I hope all is well :)

 
At March 26, 2010 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

What a great post! So true. ~Stacey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Prayer 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Prayer 24 25

26
27>