Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C cats and chocolate

C is for Cats and Chocolate

Well this one of my furry babies- Rosie. She's not actually a baby. She's 11 years old. I refer to her a "Momma" because she's old enough to be my mom in cat years. She's very laid back, and happy go lucky except when you pick her up. Then all hell breaks loose.  She absolutely hates being picked up. No matter what! I don't know why. I've picked her up since she was a kitten!  Is that normal for cats?
But on the plus side, she has definitely mellowed out and become more affectionate with age. She loves her belly rubbed! She always has a smile and a meow for me when I come home-no matter what kind of day I've had.



Now on to one of my most favorite things ever CHOCOLATE! I am a chocoholic. Espeically when it comes to dark chocolate. Here's one of my favorite chocolate recipies. I espeically love to drink this during our hot Texas summers!


Frozen Hot Chocolate

  • 6 ounces of chocolate chips ( you can use high quality dark choc. like he suggest, it would be even better)
  • 1/2 cup of  1/2 and 1/2 ( I used 1/4 cup cream and 1/4 cup milk because that is what I had)
  • 3 cups of ice
Melt chocolate in 1/2 and 1/2. Be sure not to boil. I did this in the microwave, but you have to watch it closely if you do it that way. And stir every 30 seconds or so. Once melted place in blender with ice.  Blend until desired consistency. Mine had some very small ice chunks in it. We liked it like that. It was not smooth like a milkshake.
recipie courtesy of Lynn's Kitchen Adventures

post signature

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At April 3, 2012 at 6:18 AM , Blogger Wanda said...

Your furbaby is a cutie, although I have never been much of a fan of cats. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

 
At April 3, 2012 at 12:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww..Rosie is sooo cute!! I love kitties and chocolate too!! Nothing is better than a warm cuddly kitty and a cup of hot chocolate! YUM! :)

 
At April 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM , Blogger Tracy said...

what a sweet sweet kitty....and well, it doesn't get any better than chocolate; dark chocolate with almonds! :)
great post!

 
At April 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

FROZEN hot chocolate? I'll have to try that!

 
At April 3, 2012 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Beth Zimmerman said...

Ooooh ... that chocolate recipe sounds divine! And your cat is absolutely beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: C cats and chocolate 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 C cats and chocolate 24 25

26
27>