Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pour Your Heart Out Wednesday: Baby Bug

Pour Your Heart Out Wednesday: Baby Bug


Lately the Baby Bug has hit me hard. Usually a day at school or borrowing my friends kids will cure it. But not lately. I think my biological clock has started ticking!  I wanna baby so bad! We haven't even considered it though. First of all I have several health problems and the doctors have told me that 1. It will be really hard for you to get pregnant. 2. It won't help your health conditions any if you choose to have a baby. *sigh* What's a girl to do.
 Then there is adoption.I have thought of that but there is one teeny tiny problem. Okay it's a major problem. I don't have a full time job right now and we have a hard enough time making ends meet with just the two of us. I can't even think about adoption or pregnancy for that matter till I know that we can support another life. Yes I know they say if you wait until your ready to have a baby you never have one but I think there is a big difference between being ready and being financially ready. 
 There is the whole social stigma of being childless women too. People look at you differently like there is something wrong with you because you don't have any kids.People have no idea that you live with this constant ache and longing for a child of your own. No one can relate to that feeling unless you've been through it. Christmas and Mother's Day are the worst. It seems like I just cry several times during those holidays. I am just pouring out something that has been on my heart lately.
post signature

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At January 12, 2011 at 5:59 AM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Don't let the social stigma bother you. We don't have children and we've never let it bother us. People who keep asking or look at you different are just insensitive.

 
At January 12, 2011 at 1:20 PM , Blogger The Domestic Flunky said...

I agree with Alex... I'm not only childless @ 36, but woefully single! Ugh. Oh, well. I'm trying. :) In the end, I think a big part of being happy is embracing the life--whatever it looks like--we are living... and REALLY LIVE IT! :) Zen, brought to you by me!

 
At January 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Alex and the Domestic Flunky. I never thought of it that way before. Thanks for the Zen. :)

 
At January 13, 2011 at 9:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, sweetheart, I'm so sorry. I hope you get some peace on this issue. On the one hand, they told Denise she couldn't get pregnant, too, so I'd say don't give up hope. But I don't know how dangerous it would be for you, so I'll just say that I hope things work out for the best, either way. *hugs*

 
At January 14, 2011 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Beth Zimmerman said...

Aw Carol. That's a hard one! But your choices, or the lack of choices due to circumstances, are no ones business but your own! You may have to practice saying so ... whether out loud or under your breath! In the meantime ... pray for a miracle! They still happen! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Pour Your Heart Out Wednesday: Baby Bug 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Pour Your Heart Out Wednesday: Baby Bug 24 25

26
27>