Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Resolutions for 2011



I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Years Eve. Since this is the first day of 2011 I'd like to share my resolutions with you. I am posting my goals on my blog to help hold myself more accountable.  Most of them are a continuation of the goals I made last year. My goals are divided into five areas. Thanks life as mom for sharing the wonderful goal form. 
Health
1. Exercise 3 times a week. I did really good at this till worked ended in May. I haven't been consistent since then. This year I am going to utilize the local high school track on the days I don't get to into town to go to the gym. 
2. Cut down or off sugar and caffeine.  Okay okay I hear people chuckeling because they think I can't do this. I've gone caffeine free before so I can do that again. As for the sugar it'll be a challenge but I wanna do it. Where there's a will there's a way and Thank God for yerba mate!
3. Limit my TV watching to an hour a day. I did this one last year when I was going to class. I will be starting class again on Jan 3. I can do it as long as I am in school. Also to help me resist the urge to turn on the television I've decided to join life as mom's book club and read one book a month. The booking it challenge starts January 10. You can find more infomation about it here.  
4. Expand my gluten free cooking. I've gotten more confident about cooking gluten free. My goal is to try to adapt more recipies to gluten free. Also to get my husband to go gluten free. It will make cooking much easier not mention less allergic reactions-hopefully! 
5. Draw nearer to God. I grew up in church and became a Christian when I was a teen unfortunately I've never felt so far away from God as I do now. I wanna get back to Him. The Bible says draw near to God and He will draw near to you. One way I am going to do this is to make sure I pray every day and seek him. I'm also going to spend time in His word. One way I am going to do this is by participating in the Read the Bible in 90 Day challenge.I will be posting periodically about the challenge. I'd love to have you join me in the challenge. If you like to join click the link here.http://www.momstoolbox.com/blog/ 

Well those are my resolutions/goals for 2011. What are your goals? I hope you join me in making 2011 the best year ever! 
post signature

 
 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: New Years Resolutions for 2011 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 New Years Resolutions for 2011 24 25

26
27>