Sunday, May 9, 2010

Garden Bug

I've been bitten by a bug. The gardening bug! And I absolutely love it! Last weekend I finally planted our Easter Lillies. I was really nervous at first. I'm always a little apprehensive the first time I do something because i don't know what to expect. It went great though. Despite getting a a splinter in my hand from the railroad timbers that make up our flower bed. It was so therapeutic to dig around, pull weeds and play in the dirt. I can't wait to get some more things to plant. To all my garden friends-is it to late to plant any thing else this year-like flowers? Do you know of any "low maintenance" flowers for garden newbies like me?



Do you have a hobby that is therapeutic and brings you joy? I'd love to hear about it.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At May 9, 2010 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Nola said...

I forgot just where you are, I think south Texas, so if you are, plant some agaves and succulents that take the heat. Herbs are also good, as long as you have good drainage. Put in some flowers, daisies and petunias are easy for beginners. Find someone who blogs and gardens in your area, see what they are growing.
I can't have a garden without: cannas, iris, petunias, four o'clocks, and a few vines like morning glories and cardinal climbers. My fav herbs are lavender and rosemary.

 
At May 10, 2010 at 1:21 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with your new hobby, I hope you have wonderful success with it Carol. There is just nothing more beautiful than flowers, especially those that were sprung from your very own hands!

 
At May 10, 2010 at 2:06 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

When I had a garden I used to love gardening, how I miss it now,


Loved your post and hope you get many hours ofhappiness in the garden,
Yovonne.

 
At May 10, 2010 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Cole Franke said...

Good luck with your garden. Its too hot to plant one where I live. otherwise I think it would be a fun hobby. cute blog!

nicole visiting from
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/

 
At May 11, 2010 at 12:44 AM , Blogger Arlee Bird said...

I guess my theraputic hobby is blogging. I've tried gardening but it doesn't work for me so well. Although I have found some plants that seem to be okay for me. I'm not sure what they are but they don't need much watering and that's a good thing in my case.

Lee
May 17th Fifteen Fantasy Island Favorites

 
At May 11, 2010 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Keep us updated with pictures! I do mainly container gardening due to the hard red clay in our area...there is one raised flower bed in my front yard...I like to try new annuals each year and compare what does well...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Garden Bug 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Garden Bug 24 25

26
27>