Wednesday, April 28, 2010

X, Y, and Z

X, Y and Z
X is for X-files. My favorite sci-fi show. My husband begs to differ. His favorite sci-fi show is Stargate SG-1. X-Files is a classic. A 90's icon-like Friends. I was a skeptic of the show at first but I it brought out a lot of good points. Is there really life out there? There are also a couple of other reasons that I like the show.  First of all, I wasn't allowed to watch the show when I was growing up. My parent's thought the show was "weird" so I couldn't watch it. My sister would tape the show and when would watch it when mom and dad were gone. I know that's part of iX-files appeal. The same way with the Simpsons. 
I think David Duchovny is hot! I don't know what it is about him but I've always liked him. 
Which show do you like better, X-Files or Stargate SG-1 ?

Y is for Young
Oh my goodness! I had an "old moment" yesterday! I'm sure I've probably had them before but yesterday was the first day I consciously did it. What I mean by "old moment" is when I do something that old people do.  Here's what I did. I was in census training. Our training class is mainly made up of 18-21 old guys. Needless to say they were talking about girls. Without thinking I begain to give them my advice. Growing up I hated it when people older than me would give me advice. Now, I only wish I had listened. It reminded me of the "Sun Screen Song". Enjoy! It still has great advice.
Z is for zapped from Zumba
This morning was the first time I took the Zumba class offered at the gym. Oh my goodness. It's so much fun but I was totally zapped after it was over. I almost fell asleep in the shower in the woman's locker room. I feel awesome except for a few sore muscles. This was only the beginners class I can't wait to go to the advanced class. I'm gonna take it slow though. 

I want to thank Arlee for coming up with this wonderful blog challenge. I have read a lot great blogs and made lots of new friends. Let's all stay in touch.



12 Comments:

At April 29, 2010 at 1:36 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Thanks for a wonderf post, I can remember the X Files over here in the UK, my late husband loved to watch it.

Sometimes I feel as if I am my mother talking by giving the advice I ignored...very strange.

You have goven so much pleasure to the challenge I have enjoyed your post very much.

Take care.
Yvonne.

 
At April 29, 2010 at 3:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have only seen the X-Files before and was never an avid fan then...sci-fi just isn't my thing really, though I love all the Star Wars movies!

It has certainly been a pleasure meeting you through this challenge Carol and I will be around to visit often in the future!

God bless!

 
At April 29, 2010 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Nola said...

I've just learned about Zumba recently when I couldn't sleep and was up watching infomercials. It looks like so much fun, I was tempted to buy it. Let me know how it goes for you, I may buy it if I don't find a local class.

 
At April 29, 2010 at 6:27 AM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I enjoyed X-Files and SG1 equally, but for different reasons. X-Files had suspense and mystery while SG1 had humor and action.

 
At April 29, 2010 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Single and Sane said...

Congratulations on making it to Z! I loved reading all of your alphabet posts.

 
At April 29, 2010 at 1:42 PM , Blogger myletterstoemily said...

i love the x files, too! also, 'fringe!'

 
At April 29, 2010 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Grammy said...

Hi, Carol,
I watched x-files and really enjoyed it. I love sci-fi movies and series. And yes, David Duchovny was hot, and still is! I don't know what Zumba is. I never heard of it, but will check into it.
Regards to you, my friend.
Ruby

 
At April 29, 2010 at 11:25 PM , Blogger Arlee Bird said...

Looks like you made it to the end in one conglomerated exit. Good job! Hopefully we see your thoughts about the Challenge on the Mega Post for Monday. Thanks for being a part of the A to Z Challenge. And Keep the May 17th fifteen favorites in mind as well-- we'd love to have you with us on that one as well.

Lee
May 3rd A to Z Challenge Reflections Mega Post

 
At April 30, 2010 at 11:19 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

Congrats on completing the challenge.

 
At April 30, 2010 at 11:46 PM , Blogger Tori Cooper said...

Sounds great! I started a zumba class several weeks ago... have only been able to make it once a week... but boy did it kick my butt. I was like a board when I first started... the more you do it, the easier it gets but it sure is intense! Good for you! By the way, I'm glad to have met you and get connected during this challenge... You did great by the way! I hope to hear from you soon in the near future! :-D

 
At May 1, 2010 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Ella said...

Fun post, Don't let Zumba kick your butt! It was fun to have you be part of the challenge! Well Done~

 
At May 1, 2010 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks guys. It's been great getting to know ya'll through the blogging challenge and I promise I'll stay in touch.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: X, Y, and Z 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 X, Y, and Z 24 25

26
27>