Thursday, May 6, 2010

A ++


Today ends Teacher Apperication Week. Teachers are some of the hardest working people I know. I know they've been getting a bad wrap lately. It's sad that a few rotten apples are spoiling the whole bunch. Teachers are educators, parents, secretaries,friend, and so many other other people rolled into one. They never realize how many lives they truly touch. I'd like to tip by to some teachers who made a difference in my life.

  • Mrs. Adcox-"Mrs. A" was my senior English teacher in high school. She encouraged me to keep writing despite my numerous spelling and grammatical errors. More importantly she saw and nurtured my potential even when I didn't see it myself. 
  • Mrs. Bordelon-5th grade U.S. history. She opened my eyes to how fascinating history is! I am history buff and I owe it all to her.  She also taught me the importance of learning from others mistakes so history doesn't repeat itself. 
  • Mrs. Curry-my math teacher. She never got frustrated with me when I had such a hard time with math. She just taught me a different way. I'm disgraphic so I have a very hard time with math. She helped me see that it was okay to be different. That everyone is different in some way or another. It's not a bad thing
  • Mrs. Broom-High School Home Economics- She taught me important life skills like how to cook and sew. She also taught me what it ment to stand up for what you belive in. 
Have you had any teachers who impacted your life? How?

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At May 6, 2010 at 8:19 PM , Anonymous Beth said...

If your picture didn't already convince me that you're younger than me this post would. I don't think I remember a single teacher's name though many of them made an impression and impact.

Very nice post!

 
At May 6, 2010 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not that young. I'm in my early 30's. LOL :)

 
At May 6, 2010 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Nola said...

I didn't realize it was teacher appreciation week. Two of my neighbors are teachers and they are wonderful people!

 
At May 6, 2010 at 9:15 PM , Blogger Diana Ferguson said...

Nice post! I have been in education for many years.

 
At May 6, 2010 at 9:22 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Enjoyed your post...

My favorite teacher was an English/chorus teacher from middle school...she loved life...her students...and teaching...made all the difference in the world...I still see her from time to time and she has the same big smile on her face I remember from school....

 
At May 7, 2010 at 1:35 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A teachers work is very demending these days. loved the read.

Yvonne.

 
At May 7, 2010 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

My band teacher was very inspiring.

 
At May 7, 2010 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I would like to thank my drama teacher. I can't remember her name but when I was in grade school, I was extremely shy but she really boosted my self-esteem and created a better me. She probably doesn't know it but she's been a real inspiration to me.

CD

 
At May 7, 2010 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Tori Cooper said...

I just awarded you the "cherry on top award" come read & accept it @ http://www.journeycalledlife1.com/2010/05/shout-out-to-my-1st-blogger-peeps.html

Enjoy! :-D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: A ++ 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 A ++ 24 25

26
27>