Sunday, June 17, 2012

Running Frustrations

Running Frustrations



Disclaimer- there will be some whining and complaining in this post. If you do not want to hear it I suggest you check out my other posts. Thanks :)


As you know for a couple of months I have been on this running kick. Now that schools out I want to get serious about. However, I think I have been lviing in a delusion that was abrouptly shattered yesterday. I decided to go run outside last Monday  morning. BIG mistsake! First of all, I was severaly dehydrated. I don't like plain water especiall. I've been drinking Gatoraide too but it's got a lot of sugar. Secondly, there's the Texas heat. Even though it is only mid June-it's hotter than grandma's bicuits! I didn't even run that late Monday morning but the run still got me. All of a sudden I got really really hot and the next thing you know I was puking! Not pretty. Thankfully I stopped and once I slowed down and cooled off I felt much better. All because I was comparing myself to others.


Now to complain. I wanna be like all my running friends who run at least 3 miles or more. A lot of the are triathletes and do 2 to 3 times that amount. I  wanna be able to run as fast at they do for a long as they do. I know, I know Rome wasn't built in a day but I want my body to be! Enough whining. Now on to good realistic news! Last week I ran/walked a total of six miles! Yes Six! I have NEVER walked or jogged that much in my life! Here's to real life! So much better than unrealistic expectations! 
 Do you ever have unrealistic expectations ? How do you deal with them?

post signature

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 17, 2012 at 11:48 PM , Blogger rainsdelirium said...

I wished I could walk normally, I could only dream of running. I tell people I don't want to climb mt everest, I just want to climb out of bed, LOL. Expectations suck. I think they drain the fun out of everything. If your running to save your life then enjoy it, slow down and most definately don't kill yourself or you'll end up hating the very thing you are trying to enjoy and that makes you feel like your failing. My suggestion is TREADMILL and WATER, lots of WATER!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Running Frustrations 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Running Frustrations 24 25

26
27>