Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Crazy Holidays

Hello everyone.  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was bittersweet. My husbands great uncle passed away just before the Thanksgiving. It was so good to see everyone and remember uncle Lewis. We thankful for life and memories.Things have be once continues snow ball since then. Thankfully God has given me his peace as long as I choose to recieve it.
We had noticed a leak in the guest bathroom. My hubby turned the water off and promised to fix it after the holidays. Well when we got home the floor out of bathroom had fallen because of the drought and the leak! We are staying with my mother in law until the matter is fixed.
Then yesterday i went to the doctor and found out my liver enzymes were 3x what they should be. The doctor thinks this is because of my Burns and the medications. However if it doesn't get better i will have to have a liver biopsy in a couple months.
God is being my Prince of Peace in the midst of all of this as long as I keep my mind on Him and not on the craziness of this world. How was your Thanksgiving? How do you keep your peace this fast paced often crazy season?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 29, 2011 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Carol, I'm so sorry! During times like that, God is the only answer for peace. Sorry for your loss. Hope there were some special moments with the family as stories of Uncle Lewis were shared.

 
At November 30, 2011 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Misty said...

Carol, I'm sorry for y'alls loss. Loss is extremely hard under normal circumstances, but seems to always be elevated during the holiday's.

I know that normally a persons body tends to go into overdrive (so to speak) when it encounters a trama. I hope that's all that's going on with you. Speaking from personal experience, having health issues at such a young age really sucks and it's hard to keep your head up sometimes. I know you can do this.

I will keep you and Matt in my thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Crazy Holidays 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Crazy Holidays 24 25

26
27>