Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Thoughts


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love getting together with loved ones, remembering all that we have to be thankful for and eating great food! I have to admit this year I've been in Thanksgiving funk. I'm not sure why excactly. I think it is a combination of things
1. I haven't seen my parents and sister in three years. I will not go into this in detail on here but things are complicated. It just doesn't seem like the holidays without my family. 
2. It seems more than ever that people espcially the media and retail are skipping over Thanksgiving and going straight to Christmas! I think this devalues the holdiay and encourages people to think about what they want instead of being greatful for what they have. Okay I'm getting off my soap box now. :)

Despite all this I am going to continue some of favorite Thanksgiving traditons which I'll tell you more about on Wednesday. 
What do you do to help you get into the Thanksgiving spirit? Does it feel like Thanksgiving is almost here for you? I'd love to hear how you foster an attitude of thankfulness this time of year in your house and in your own heart!

post signature

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 21, 2011 at 7:01 PM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I am spending it with family and it feels like Thanksgiving to me. You're right, stores tend to skip straight to Christmas.

 
At November 21, 2011 at 7:03 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

It's kind of hard to believe that Thanksgiving will be here in a few days. The year seems to be zipping on past. I typically spend the holiday with family. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Thanksgiving Thoughts 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Thanksgiving Thoughts 24 25

26
27>