Friday, September 9, 2011

Friday Fragments 9-8-11




1. This week the weather has been great fantastic. Lows in the 50 and 60 and highs in the low 90's. :) I just hope the heat doesn't come back with vengeance.

2. My heart breaks seeing and hearing about the forest fires here in Texas. The devastation is awful! It also makes you stop and think about what's important.  I know people who have lost everything. Please continue to keep them in your prayers.

3. I was hoping to be "officially" diagnosed with celiac disease but the test came back negative. I'm not really surprised though. You have to be eating gluten on a regular basis. Now why would I continue to eat the stuff when it makes me feel deathly ill afterwards! Come on now!

4. The doctor also said that my liver enzymes are still high. She wants me to try to loose as much weight as possible between now and the week before Thanksgiving. If the enzymes are still high when I go back, she wiants to do a liver biospy. 

5. I have never been good at dieting or weight loss. Yesterday was our garden club meeting and I was a bad, bad girl. :( Any tips, tricks, advice for weight loss would be greatly appreciated. 

6. The Sophie ordeal is still up in the air.  *sigh*
7. Thankfully I am starting to get some work. :) 

8. My cat Rosie has been really cold lately and has decided to star sleeping under the covers with me. Ever heard of a cat being cold? I haven't. Its weird but funny. 

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend
post signature

2 Comments:

At September 9, 2011 at 6:23 AM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry about the health issues.
My only tip - you have to change your eating habits permanently, because diets don't work. So the changes have to be big enough to make a difference but not so wild and weird you can't stick with it for life. (Like the protein diet - do that one for very long and you'll make yourself sick.)

 
At September 10, 2011 at 5:11 AM , Blogger Karen and Gerard said...

My cats like sleeping with us when it's cold too.

Very sad indeed about the Texas fires.

My weight loss tips:
Do not keep any munchees in your house.
Do neat eat anything after 7:00 p.m.
Eat a good breakfast.
Snack early in the day rather than in the afternoon--preferably some fruit or trail mix.
Walk, move throughout the day.
Do not drink any pop.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Friday Fragments 9-8-11 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Friday Fragments 9-8-11 24 25

26
27>