Saturday, June 5, 2010

I'm back and Summer Time

First and foremost I would like to think everyone for their thoughts and prayers. It has been a slow recovery for me from food poisoning but every day I am getting stronger and feeling better.
Now back to my regularly scheaduled post.....

Summer Time

Just hearing those two little words make me smile. Why do you ask? First of all I love the fact that I get a repreve from my students. Now, don't get me wrong I do love working with kids but everyone needs a break. By the time school is everyone is ready for it. Teachers, Parents, Students, Cafateria Ladies you name it. We all need time to wind down and relax after a long school year.
Secondly, I love all the wonderful summer produce that is avalable in my area.  I love squash, blackberries, strawberries, corn and watermelon. I can eat myself silly on this savory produce during the summer months. I also stock up on the goodies for the lean winter months ahead. Freezing fresh produce is a wonderful way to save money and keep fresh produce handy.
I also think that summer time is just more laid back than any other time of the year. People seem more relax. Their are no major holdiays that require gifts (besides birthdays). Plus I just think the summer heat makes everyone more easy going.

What do you think about summer time? Do you like it? Do you dislike it? What are your favorite summer past times?

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At June 5, 2010 at 10:40 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Welcome back I hope you are much better, Yes Summer is indeed here,
As I live 2 minutes from the beach I love to walk along the beach and fet some sea air whether it's summer or winter.

Enjoy your week-end and take care.
Yvonne.

 
At June 5, 2010 at 10:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I love summer except when it gets into triple temperature digits like it is now. I love the sun and not having to bundle up.

CD

 
At June 5, 2010 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Single and Sane said...

I'm so glad you're back!

I love lazy summer evenings. Not a fan of hot summer afternoons though. =)

 
At June 5, 2010 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like all the fresh produce, but hate the humidity and the fact that my grass grows at a supernatural rate.

 
At June 5, 2010 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Tara said...

Hate that you've been sick! Glad you are feeling better each day.
I'm a teacher too and we just completed our school year yesterday. I love summertime so I can recharge, rejuvinate, re-EVERYTHING! I too love all the summertime fruits and veggies. Also, just love being relaxed and enjoying life! Then I am ready to start all over again in August.
Hope you have a great summer.
Hugs,
Tara

 
At June 5, 2010 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yvonne-it would be cool to live so close to the beach but I would never get anything done. Fan are a very important part of summer in Houston-Single and Sane. Alex it's humid here all year long. I hate it!

 
At June 5, 2010 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Tara have a great summer too. Let's get some R and R while we can! :)

 
At June 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM , Blogger Gay Vaughan said...

Glad you are feeling better, Carol! And happy you stopped by. Don't let that old devil bring you down. I hope you have a great week!
~Gay~

 
At June 7, 2010 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So glad you're feeling better!! I am an absolute summer-holic! I just love the way I feel in the sun, and hearing the happy birds outside. So many things to do too. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: I'm back and Summer Time 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 I'm back and Summer Time 24 25

26
27>