Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas 2011: Adopted by Love

Sharon holding up her baking soda less cookies!
We met at church. I say it was a divine connection. Sharon is an older lady in our church. She's a former teacher,, love animals and loves to garden. Sound like someone else you know?  :) I don't remember when I first met her I just know that we started getting to know each other during Vacation Bible School. Well she has no daugther's of her own. In case you didn't know my parents live in Arkansas and our relationship is well let's just say complicated in the least. Thank you Jesus that it's getting better though. Well what do most mother daughter's do during the holidays. No not fight but make cookies and go Christmas shopping! That's exactly what Sharon and I did. We made cookies and went shopping! It was so much fun! Sharon and I laugh until we cried! We even were having such a good time that she forgot to put baking soda in her molassas cookies. We decided to adpot each other. Just like love you can't keep it to yourself. Sharon and I adopted an elderly lady from our church  who has no family. I call her grandma.

Do you have friends that you believe that God has put into your life for a specific purpose? Do you have friends who are more like family?





post signature

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At January 6, 2012 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yes to both! I'm glad you met someone who could be your second mother.

 
At January 7, 2012 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Beth Zimmerman said...

That's beautiful, Carol! What a blessing you are to each other!

 
At January 8, 2012 at 1:20 AM , Blogger David and Heather said...

Hi Carol, pages from your blog keep turning up on my blogroll and then disappear when I click on the link! This one says "January is National Hobby Month." I just thought I'd let you know... though I have no idea how or why it happens!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Christmas 2011: Adopted by Love 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Christmas 2011: Adopted by Love 24 25

26
27>