Friday, July 15, 2011

My love afair with Harry Potter

This Friday the final movie in the Harry Potter Series will come out. This event will be a bitter sweet event for me. You see I have a love affair with Harry Potter. 7 novels,  10 years, 8 movies. I saw Harry Potter and the Scorcers Stone after listening to the audio book on trip home from college. I was instantly hooked. Since then I have purchased and read all the books as well as bought the movies in blu-ray and regular dvd. I am currently trying to get all the books in hardback now. I think I'm a little obsessed with Harry Potter don't you!? 


Why do I love The Harry Potter series? 
There's something magical about the story.   J.K. Rowlings (the author of the Harry Potter series) has created a world with wizards and magic. To be able to wave a wand, same a spell and effect a magical change on some person, object, or situation. Also, they made me feel nine years old, in a way that reading the books or watching the films of my youth could never do now. It's not nostalgia.It's called new direction. I also love Harry Potter because  the films are pretty faithful to the books, where it matters most. And I admire that. It happens so rarely. I usually love the book book and hate the movie but with this series I love both!  Another thing I really love about the books is the characters are really believable and are extremely easy to fall in love with. I especially love the relationship between Harry and Ginny. I like that even through they are really meant for each other that they are able to let each other go for a time but still end up together in the end! I also love the relationship between Harry, Hermione, and Ron. I like that just are really loyal and genuinely love each other as friends. Something very hard to find and harder to keep in real life. 


Needless to say I will have a package of tissues with me this Friday when I go to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.  It will be like I am saying good bye to friends. However, I am thankful they will still live on in my heart. 


What movies do you absolutely love and why do you love them ? 

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At July 15, 2011 at 7:27 AM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I dug the LOTR trilogy. So cool Jackson is making two Hobbit movies! And I'll see anything Star Trek - those are some awesome characters.

 
At July 15, 2011 at 5:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Alex I love the LOTR trilogy too! :) I didn't realize they were making two hobbit movies. I've never seen the Star Trek Movies but I have them in my Netflix cue.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: My love afair with Harry Potter 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 My love afair with Harry Potter 24 25

26
27>