Friday, July 1, 2011

Fourth of July Poem

I wrote this poem for Associated Content. This is the first time I've ever written a poem. It's a lot harder than I thought. I'd love to know what you think. I hope you like it. 


Red, White and Blue
America so true
Red for blood split by those who sacrificed all for our freedom. All gave some and some gave all. 
White for the sea foam from the ocean that sou rounds land from shore to shore. Peace and Prosperity. 
Blue for the sky that connects our great land. Proud to be brave, strong and free
Fireworks, food, friends and fun. Stop and think that the fourth means just a bit more

post signature

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At July 1, 2011 at 1:45 PM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

It means freedom isn't free.

 
At July 1, 2011 at 2:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Exactly the point I was trying to convey Alex. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Fourth of July Poem 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Fourth of July Poem 24 25

26
27>