Thursday, June 30, 2011

Book Review: God and Stephen Hawking

I am reviewing this book for Litfuse Publicity  Group

 Book Review:
 The Grand Design, by eminent scientist Stephen Hawkings, is the latest blockbusting contribution to the "New Atheist" debate, and claims that the laws of physics themselves brought the universe into being, rather than God. In this swift and forthright reply, John Lennox, Oxford mathematician and author of God's Undertaker, takes a closer look at Hawking's logic.

In lively, layman's terms, Lennox guides us through the key points in Hawkings arguments-with clear explanations of the latest scientific and philosophical methods and theories and demonstrates that far from disproving a Creator God, they make his existence seems all the more probable.

My Review :
I have to admit I was intimidated when I first recived this book for review. I do not consider myself a scholar by any means. I decied to participate in the book review because I remembered my husband reading one of Stephen Hawking's books. I like the fact that it is a short book but the shortnessness of pages does not mean it has no debth. I found this book very easy to read. Lennox did a wonderful job of explaining complex theories in layman's terms. Although I did have to read a few passages twice to fully comprehend what was being discussed. I think this book will help many with the terminology being used by those who believe in only science and reason. I am hoping to reread this book soon with my husband so we can dissicus the theories presented in this book.
I highly recommend this book for anyone looking to sharpen their faith and help understand current scientific and logical theories.

The Author
John C Lennox MA PhD DPhil DSc is professor of Mathematics at the University of Oxford and Fellow in Mathematics and the Philosophy of Science at Green Templeton College. He has debated Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens and lectured in many universities around the world. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Book Review: God and Stephen Hawking 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Book Review: God and Stephen Hawking 24 25

26
27>