Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Contentment

 I recently discovered a new blog. It's The Frugal Girl. I love it! I'm all about frugal living and living a richer, fuller life on less. One of her annual segments is about contentment. I  believe that contentment is looking at the good and choosing to focus on those things instead of the bad. Contentment is somthing that is often overlooked and ignored in our fast paced society. However contentment is very important.  I think people who are not content will never be happy no matter what. People who are content are happy. 
Here is my  happy list.

1. I am thankful for my husband. 
He is my true love and best friend. He's one of the few people who "gets me" yet still loves me anyway. He spoils me and treats me like a queen. I am lucky to be his girl!


2. I am thankful for my home. 
True it is not new and needs a lot of work but I am thankful we have a roof over our head. There are so many people I know who are loosing their homes.

3. I am thankful for Summer
Things are at a slower more laid back pace. No hustling and bustling like during school year. 
Time to catch up on things


 

 4. I am thankful for air conditing! 
With temperatures over a 100 degrees already this summer. I am thankful for cool places out of the heat! 

What are you thankful for? What do you think about contentment?

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At June 14, 2011 at 10:13 PM , Blogger mzzterry said...

I think having a contented heart will make you enjoy your life much more ;)

I enjoyed your list.

Amen to the a/c. It is soooo hot here today!!!

 
At June 15, 2011 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Definitely the AC! And of course my wife. She keeps me in line.

 
At June 23, 2011 at 3:25 AM , Blogger Angela said...

Hmm, I've tried the strategy of focusing on the good instead of the bad, and it was nice and daydreamy and complacent-feeling...but the fact is, I'm still miserable, and sometimes the negatives need to be focused on in order to find where exactly the kinks need to be worked out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Contentment 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Contentment 24 25

26
27>