Tuesday, April 6, 2010

E is for Essentials for Life

For E I've decided to do a book review on a book I recenlty read. It starts with E so it counts right? I read Essentails for Life  by Marcia Ford 




I read this book for Book Sneeze. The book discusses several topics that the author considers to be essential for life in this current fast paced society. It does a wonderful job of helping people remember the things that are important in a Christians life. This book is divided into four sections:What do I believe, How do I grow closer to God, What should my character reflect and How do I live my everyday life. Within these four sections are about 12 sub-topics. These sub-topics have key principles that are expounded upon by using a mixture of scripture, quotes and interesting facts. The topics also have a “what's essential” box at the end of the each section. The “what's essential” box gives readers a summery of the topic along with things to do and not do.
I thought this book was very interesting. It is a good reminder for Christians of what things are essential in life. The short sections make it any easy read. I think it would be a great gift for people as well. 

Do any of you review things on your blog? What do you think about people reviewing things on their blog? 

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At April 6, 2010 at 5:05 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Excellent blog, most enjoyable.
I love to read what others think on blogs. guess I'm inquistitive.

Have a good day.
Yvonne.

 
At April 6, 2010 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

That does sound like a good book! I haven't done any reviews on my blog but I do appreciate seeing them on other blogs, especially book reviews and even more specifically, Christian book reviews! I love to read and get some great ideas that way.

Have a blessed day!

 
At April 6, 2010 at 10:48 AM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sounds like a good book.

I review 1-3 books a month, and usually 4-6 movies as well. And soon I will review the new iPad, as mine is in the mail right now!

 
At April 6, 2010 at 11:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good book that I need to read sometime. I am woefully behind on reading the book I am supposed to be reviewing for Book Sneeze... it'll turn up on my blog someday... :)

 
At April 6, 2010 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

Sounds like a good one. I like it when people review things on their blog. It introduces me to books and products I might not find otherwise.

 
At April 6, 2010 at 1:32 PM , Anonymous Raquel Byrnes said...

Hey! A fellow Booksneezer! I review a book once or twice a month on my blog. I was thinking of doing kids books actually. My husband is a teacher and gets juvenile novels for free...some of them are really intense, scary, even inappropriate...I haven't found any other sites that review kid's novels so...just a thought.

 
At April 6, 2010 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Wanda said...

I'm a book lover but haven't started adding any reviews to my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: E is for Essentials for Life 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 E is for Essentials for Life 24 25

26
27>