Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Living Simply-The Journey Begins

I've been wanting to do this for a  long time. I feel things are just two fast paced and crazy anymore. There has to be a simpler way. Not necessary an easier way--just simpler. I've been doing some research on simple living and what it means. Living the Simple Life means slowing down and living each day with purose. Stepping away from the rat race and living a life that is focused on family, friends, faith, and a solid days work.  I've thought about my life and how I want to live and here are some things I'd like to change:
  • controlling my spending and aiming to be debt free
  • Eating healthier
  •  home grown food
  • Green cleaning
  • using my time wisely
  • cutting back and making due
  • faith building
  • setting myself free from the things that tie me down
These goals will not be reach over night but are lifetime goals. It will probably even be harder because I will be giving away convenience for simplicity but that's a sacrifice I am willing to make. A great soure of inspiration has been the blog http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com. 
I know this way of life isn't for everyone but I have decided that this is the life that would be best for me.  If any of you out there are living a simple life I'd love to hear from you! If you like to take this journey with me I'd love to hear from you too! Start by writing your goals and ideas of a simpler life.  I will be posting my steps and progress on this blog.
Here's to a simpler life!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At January 19, 2010 at 10:19 PM , Blogger gfe--gluten free easily said...

Good for you, Carol! I'm all for living simpler. I consider living gfe living simply. I refuse to buy tons of kitchen stuff because what I have works just fine. I have much going on with my gluten-free stuff, but limit other commitments. Much more and much more to improve on, of course. Will check out the link you shared--thanks and best of luck with your new approach!

Shirley

 
At January 21, 2010 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Diana Ferguson said...

Just hopped over for a first visit. I wanted to welcome you to Texas Gals. Thanks for the email. Next revision --you'll be listed.

I'm a new follower with you. Would love for you to come over to my personal blog, too.


Blessings!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Living Simply-The Journey Begins 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Living Simply-The Journey Begins 24 25

26
27>