Sunday, January 17, 2010

What Are You Thinking About?

 I saw a movie tonight with my hubby and it was nothing but killing and gore. Yes, you could tell it wasn't real blood or body parts, but still is all that necessary? When did we become a culture that enjoys viciousness and violence. Granted, Quentin Tarantino did a great job with the music but still!
Whatever happened to wholesome goodness. Such as I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, and Lassie. Yes, they are a little sappy and often repeative. I mean how many times does Lucy have to try to break into show business before she realizes that Ricky will never allow it!  But still I love the physical comedy and wise cracks. I consider it good clean fun.
I am a firm believer of whatever of whatever you put in (your brain) will come out (thoughts, actions, and deeds). In the Bible it says, Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Philippians 4:8.

So next time you get ready to watch some thing think about what your putting in.



I

3 Comments:

At January 17, 2010 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Kristina said...

I totally agree. That's why I don't watch movies such as SAW. I feel like it damages my soul. I loved the scripture! I've been thinking about doing a public blog. I love yours! Good stuff!

Kristina Fisher

 
At January 18, 2010 at 5:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kristina. They do damage the soul. You should take up blogging. It's so much fun. It becomes addicting. :)

 
At January 22, 2010 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Mocha with Linda said...

Excellent thoughts. I haven't watched a regular TV show in forever. I used to have several I liked but then I got convicted that there were much better ways to spend my time that would make my thoughts go in a much better direction!

Popping over from Texas Blogging Gals. It's nice to "meet" you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: What Are You Thinking About? 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 What Are You Thinking About? 24 25

26
27>