Wednesday, January 6, 2010

HomeKeepers Journal

HomeKeepers Journal 1/06/2010


What’s happening in my home?….


In my kitchen… lots of experimenting with food. I made veggie stew with tumeric and maharajah curry. Hubby loved it! :) I am going to start making more dishes with curry powder. It's supposed to be really good for you. My Gluten free German pancakes turned out great. It even had a better crust than the non GF German pancakes do. Making lasgana tomorrow. I am super excited bcasue I found a recipie that doesn't use tomatoes (I'm allergic).

With our marriage… still growing …. This makes me think of how we continue to grow in Christ year after year until we meet Him face to face. We never are completely “grown” until we see him. I truly believe that marriage is a picture of our relationship with Christ, so it makes sense that as we see ourselves growing together in marriage, we grow in our relationship with Christ. I did not write this part but I thought that it was so beautiful written and described what is going on in my marriage I decided to share it. Thanks for writing this Sylvia.

With the children… Sophie refuses to go outside. That's how I know it's really cold! She just curls up under her blanket on the couch. She loves warm weather! I've even caught Rosie hidding under the covers to keep warm a time or two but she still manages to find time to play.

Around the homestead… its 50's here today. It's supposed to be in the 20's this weekend. Thank God for heaters! :) Its tolerable, but everyone is wrapped in layers of clothing. Less than 2 months before everyone comes in for the big wedding. I'm trying to unpack, put up, clean and organize before everyone gets here. Thank God for FLYLADY it helps me to clean and organize my house in such a non stressful way!

In my “Inner Man”…. keeping focused on God and His word these days. I am starting to become a little depressed but I am determined not to give in.

What is your Inner Man? In 2 Corinthians 4 Paul gives us a clue about what he means when he says “the inner man”. In that scripture he says that “our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day” (4:16 KJV). So for Christians even though there is something about us that is getting old, decaying and deteriorating and dying..there is also something about us that is growing, becoming more alive, richer and stronger every day we live and follow Christ. That is what Paul calls our “inner man.”

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 13, 2010 at 7:03 PM , Blogger gfe--gluten free easily said...

Ah, you're a Flybaby! Another thing we have in common. I'm off my routines since having a cold though. Reading your post inspires me to get going again. ;-)

Thanks!
Shirley

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: HomeKeepers Journal 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 HomeKeepers Journal 24 25

26
27>