Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Reflections on A-Z Scripture Memory Challenge: Letter A



When I started this Challenge I had no idea how much it would affect me. I'm not really surprised though. We all know God's word is powerful! The verse for Letter A is : As for me and my house, We will servve the Lord. Joshua 24:15. Simple to memorize-no biggie. However, when I started meditating on the scripture I was blown away.  was struck by the word serve. To do somthing to benifit others. To serve others as you would yourself. The Lord has been speaking to me about this in EVERYTHING I do! From how I treat my students in class, to how I treat my mother in law, to how I treat the cashier at the local gocery store. All we do show we love our Lord.! I will be the first to admit that I many times fall short but I am thankful for His grace and mercy that allows me to keep on striving for the goal.
What does this verse mean to you?
post signature

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At January 11, 2012 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

To me it means everything I do needs to reflect the Lord and that I will stand for Him no matter what.

 
At January 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM , Blogger Roland D. Yeomans said...

A great verse to come to mind when you think of the letter A, Carol. It's easy to stand for The Father in church -- but you're right, in everyday life, is where your true beliefs show forth. I followed you over from Alex's blog. Roland

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Reflections on A-Z Scripture Memory Challenge: Letter A 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Reflections on A-Z Scripture Memory Challenge: Letter A 24 25

26
27>