Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Bittersweet Christmas

A Bittersweet Christmas




One word has described this Christmas so far. Bittersweet. A mixture of sweetness and sadness. Sadness in the realization that my parents are getting old and feeble. My mother has 2 surgeries and fallen 3+ in the last 2 months. I didn't realize how frail she was until last weekend. Then reality hit with a somber thud.  I know there comes a point in everyone life when you realize that your parents aren't invincible but I didn't realize that day would come so soon. The change in her since the last time I saw her (about 6-8 months ago) was drastic. No long was she the happy care free woman who loved to travel and do things for her family. No replaced by a feeble, tired, worn out old lady. It doesn't help that we live about 1500 miles apart. I wish I could just take her in my arms, hug her, and take care of her. She took care of me all those years now I want to return the favor.  I need to get on to the sweet part of Christmas before I start bawling......
 This holiday season season has been one of the sweeties holiday seasons ever. The Savior has made His presence more real than ever.. We are so greatful for his blessing and goodness. We have a roof over our head, and food in our stomachs and work. There are so many doing without this holiday season. ClWe are counting out blessings and thanking the Lord for all He's done and all he's going to do!
JOY TO THE WORLD THE LORD HAS COME!





 

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 22, 2010 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Grammy said...

Hi, Carol, So sorry about your mom, I know how both of you feel. Praying that your Christmas is a good one. I hope your New Year is a good one,too. Love, Ruby Young

 
At December 22, 2010 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Carol, I'm dreading that day as well.
I pray you have a Blessed Christmas.

 
At December 22, 2010 at 9:25 PM , Blogger Diana Ferguson said...

I'm sorry about your mother. But I pray you have a blessed Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: A Bittersweet Christmas 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 A Bittersweet Christmas 24 25

26
27>