Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday Fragments epidsode # 1

Friday Fragments



By the time you read this I will be back at work after being off for the summer. I will be doing a long term substitute assignment. I will be teaching the special education severe and profound class in one of the local schools.

I am very excited but also a little nervous. I was a full time classroom teacher for five years. I've also subbed quite extensively in special education. The part that makes me nervous is the fact I will have three aids under me. 

Don't get me wrong, I am glad that they are in there to help. There is no way that I could feed and change all 9 kids by myself. I am anxious about being in charge of them. I've never been a boss before. I don't want to be overbearing but I don't want them to run me over either.  Do you guys have any advice in deal with those who are under you in the workplace?
My dog must know that I am about to go back to work as well. She has been mopping all week.  She's not listening or even following me around any more. She normally follows me everywhere!-even to the bathroom. I hate to see what she will do when I am not a home during the day. I hope it's not anything too messy or destructive. 

My cat has even picked up some bad habits from the dog. She's started to not eat unless my hubby and I are both home-like our dog. I don't know how they do it all day. I certainly couldn't go without eating.

Speaking of eating. It seems like my appetite has grown by leaps and bounds.I haven't be able to go to the gym to work out due to my car being broken. 


The alternator that they but in my car last week was bad. Hopefully they will change it out this weekend. I do not want to start work carpooling. I know, I am grateful that I am able to carpool so that I can work. But my hubby's truck does not have air conditioning and it's hot in Texas in August. 

I hope you've enjoyed my first Friday Fragments. Let me know what You think. I'd love to hear from you! 


9 Comments:

At August 20, 2010 at 1:24 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Good luck at work I'm sure you're going to be just fine, It's strange how animals pick on any changes about to happen perhaps your body language sends out different signals.

Have a lovely day.
Yvonne.

 
At August 20, 2010 at 6:54 AM , Blogger Diana Ferguson said...

Lead with confidence and a sweet smile!

 
At August 20, 2010 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You'll be fine as the one in charge - you have a good spirit.

 
At August 20, 2010 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, that's sad about your dog and your cat. Well, I hope you enjoy your full time teaching job. I hope the children love you like all your blogging friends. I'm sure they will.

CD

 
At August 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM , Blogger Grammy said...

Dear Carol, Best wishes to you in your new job! I know it will be a difficult one, but soooooo rewarding!I know how exciting it must be to begin a new job. Will be thinking of you in the new classroom. Best regards to you,
Ruby

 
At August 25, 2010 at 11:46 PM , Blogger Anna said...

Best of luck on the long term substitute assignment! It must be hard to go back to school in August when it is still so hot out!:)

 
At August 27, 2010 at 9:00 PM , Blogger Beth Zimmerman said...

Excellent FF! Wishing you well with work! Not an easy job! I'm grateful for those called and willing to answer!

 
At August 27, 2010 at 9:00 PM , Blogger Beth Zimmerman said...

Excellent FF! Wishing you well with work! Not an easy job! I'm grateful for those called and willing to answer!

 
At September 4, 2010 at 4:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You ~Ron

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Friday Fragments epidsode # 1 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Friday Fragments epidsode # 1 24 25

26
27>