Friday, August 6, 2010

7 Quick Take For Friday


1. Well I'm finally back on my computer. My and my hubby's laptops both kicked the bucket about the same time. I didn't know computer withdraws would be so bad! :) Thankfully it turned out there was only a problem with my power cord. My hubby's computer wasn't so lucky

2. As if that wasn't enough the alternator in my car when out too. When it rains it pours I guess. Thankfully we have a friend who works on cars. He was able to fix it quickly without costing us two arms and a leg. :)

3. On a positive note, while my car and computer was broken I was able to get a lot of work done around the house. We've lived here for almost 2 years and we still haven't completely unpacked. I made a big dent in the pile of boxes still waiting to be unpacked. 

4. It's hotter than heck. It rained the last two weeks. In retrospect, I would gladly take rain over heat any old day! I think I am going to move to Alaska and be a reverse snow bird. I WISH! :)

5. School is in the air. This summer has flown by. I can't believe the kids go back the 22. I am starting to think this old adage is true-"The older you get-the faster time seems to fly."

6. I am excited to be going back to work. I will be starting the school year as a long term substitute teacher in a special education sever and profound class. Teaching the kids is not what concerns me. They will be fine. It's the aids I will be over that concerns me. I've never been boss over anyone and I'm more than a little nervous. Any advice on dealing with others? Particularly when you in charge over them? 

7. Tomorrow will be the first woman's retreat that we are having at our church. I'm super excited about it. The theme of the retreat is "Recipe for Life." We will be cooking and learning what the Biblical Recipe for life is. 


What's going on with you? I hope everyone has a great day and a fabulous weekend! 


Labels:

6 Comments:

At August 6, 2010 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Cheryl Ann said...

Our school starts the 30th, but I have to report back two days before that. Yes, time flies! Let's see...a huge tree limb fell on our roof, our air conditioner konked out, and one of my horses got fly larvae in her eyes! All $$$!!! I guess things come in 3's, right?

 
At August 6, 2010 at 8:54 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Pleased you're back on line.
My laptop went about 2 months ago, the space bar wouldn't work so invested in a new one. Then I decided to get a new cell phone 6 weeks ago but the hassle I've had is unbelieveable, the shop assistants are the most rudest people I have yet to meet. I have had 5 phones in as many weeks and still it don't wotk properly.
Well I hope you both have a lovely week-end.....it is raining here and looks like it will be until Monday.
Take care.
Yvonne.

 
At August 6, 2010 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad you're unpacked!
And summer can leave the air anytime now.

 
At August 8, 2010 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

School starts here after labor day.
Blessings,
andrea

 
At August 9, 2010 at 7:48 AM , Blogger Diana Ferguson said...

Good to get an update from you. Have a good week.

 
At August 14, 2010 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Kerrie @ TFK said...

how was the retreat?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: 7 Quick Take For Friday 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 7 Quick Take For Friday 24 25

26
27>