1. Well I'm finally back on my computer. My and my hubby's laptops both kicked the bucket about the same time. I didn't know computer withdraws would be so bad! :) Thankfully it turned out there was only a problem with my power cord. My hubby's computer wasn't so lucky
2. As if that wasn't enough the alternator in my car when out too. When it rains it pours I guess. Thankfully we have a friend who works on cars. He was able to fix it quickly without costing us two arms and a leg. :)
3. On a positive note, while my car and computer was broken I was able to get a lot of work done around the house. We've lived here for almost 2 years and we still haven't completely unpacked. I made a big dent in the pile of boxes still waiting to be unpacked.
4. It's hotter than heck. It rained the last two weeks. In retrospect, I would gladly take rain over heat any old day! I think I am going to move to Alaska and be a reverse snow bird. I WISH! :)
5. School is in the air. This summer has flown by. I can't believe the kids go back the 22. I am starting to think this old adage is true-"The older you get-the faster time seems to fly."
6. I am excited to be going back to work. I will be starting the school year as a long term substitute teacher in a special education sever and profound class. Teaching the kids is not what concerns me. They will be fine. It's the aids I will be over that concerns me. I've never been boss over anyone and I'm more than a little nervous. Any advice on dealing with others? Particularly when you in charge over them?
7. Tomorrow will be the first woman's retreat that we are having at our church. I'm super excited about it. The theme of the retreat is "Recipe for Life." We will be cooking and learning what the Biblical Recipe for life is.
What's going on with you? I hope everyone has a great day and a fabulous weekend!
Labels: 7 quick takes for Friday