Monday, February 1, 2010

My Girls Part 1

I have two girls. Each as different as night and day. That is to be expected though-escpically when they are a cat and a dog. . Today I am going to blog about Sophie. I will blog about Roise later this week.
I have a miniature daschund and her name is Sophie Sue. She is a little over four years old and has a personality all her own.
 
She's not a "dady's dog" nor a "mommy dog." She's the happiest when we are both home. In fact, her favorite place is to sit with her front paws on me and her back paws on her dad. She hates being cold but  refuses to wear her doggie clothes for more than a few seconds.  She loves to give kisses! I swear that she thinks a kiss will solve any problem in the world!

 
She has been such a God send. He knew we needed her! She can make me laugh or comfort me. She loves to be a lap dog. She thinks she's the Queen and guardian of the house. Unfortunately, the Queen does not eat unless we are both home.I think she worries that we are not going to come home to her! Why wouldn't we? I've heard speration anxiety is a daschund thing but I am not sure.   She loves to burrrow and play-espcially if you say the word outside!.  She's able to get all of her toys out of her toy box but never manages to put them pack. I'm still trying to teach her that one! She's had so many fun adventures since she's joined our family. I can't wait to share the next one with you.

"Nothing will turn a man's home into a castle more quickly and effectively than a dachshund."- Queen Victoria

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 1, 2010 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Nola said...

Sophie is beautiful. I can see the love and affection in her face! I have a 1 1/2 yr old doxie named Chili and you described him to a t! The burrowing, the separation anxiety, and the kisses!

 
At February 3, 2010 at 1:14 PM , Blogger Andrea said...

We have a dog, Lizzie, who is so sweet too! I can't imagine life without her. Sometimes she sits funny too, with her rear end on one step and her front legs on the step below! Cracks me up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: My Girls Part 1 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 My Girls Part 1 24 25

26
27>