Monday, December 20, 2010

Now What?



I just wanted to update everyone on my long term sub job. I left. I told them that I could not feel in for the teacher anymore and gave them till the end of the week to find a replacement. I was having panic attacks and not to mention that I would cry coming and going from school. I finally decided life was to short for me to be miserable. Thankfully God has provided. I've been been busy subbing in other class until Christmas holidays. The decision to quit the long term assignment has brought up other questions. Do I really want to teach after all? I'm not sure . They expect so much from teachers. Teachers have to be mother, father, and nurse not to mention teach the curriculum. Most principals and administrators do not seem to support or help their teachers. I know that teaching is not the only demanding job out there but how many other professions do you not get help or support and bring your work home with you! I will get off my soap box now. I really enjoy working with special education. I am currently studying to get my special education certification. It is a just as demanding as teaching regular education but in a different way. I've always wanted to go into nursing or something in the medical profession. I wasn't allowed to purse it in college because my parents were helping me pay and they did not think I was smart enough. I do have trouble with math due to my dysgraphia so their concerns were well founded. I am just praying for wisdom and guidance that I will do the right thing.
I hope you've enjoyed day one in the 12 pearls of Christmas. I'll be posting some more stories soon. I am hoping to blog a lot more while I am home on Christmas break.
Love

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At December 20, 2010 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If you're miserable, get out! Life's too short.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Now What? 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Now What? 24 25

26
27>