Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Creature of Comfort

Creature of Comfort


Well I was supposed to be on vacation this week. Supposed to being the key word. Everything was going according to plan until last Tuesday. Last Tuesday my hubby came home sniffling and sneezing. No biggie I thought. I gave him some cold medicine and I thought that would take care of everything. I wish! By Thursday night he was coughing, and running fever. Great I though. My hubby hardly ever gets sick but he is now. By then I had decided to start taking an extra multivitamin, and disinfecting the whole house. I thought that would keep me from getting sick. WRONG! Sunday night I had a frog in my throat. I thought it was from all the gun powder from the fireworks however; by Monday morning I was also running a fever.  I couldn't believe it! This is the week I took off for vaction. Some of my friends and I had decided to take day-cations the whole week and explore the Houston area. I was so bumbed. Instead of looking at the renovated Moddy Gardens rainforest pyrmaid. I'm home living on chicken soup and watching  I Love Lucy. 
When I'm sick I become a creature of comfort. I quit being healty and crave my favorite things. It's almost like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I stay in my pajamas all day watching my favorite movies and eating soup. And housework...yeah let's not mention that. Thankfully, I washed hubby's work clothes before I got sick! :)  
When you are not feeling well what type of things comfort you? 


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At July 7, 2010 at 11:43 PM , Blogger Single and Sane said...

I feel so bad for you! It's no fun being sick during a normal week, but when it's messing with your plans, it so disappointing!

Reruns from TVLand, TBS, and Lifetime are my entertainment of choice when I'm sick. Soup and Jell-O are by favorite sick foods. It's the only time I ever crave Jell-O.

Get well!
Margaret

 
At July 8, 2010 at 2:11 AM , Blogger RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

So sorry you and your husband has not been too well especially as it's your vacation.
If I am unwell I try and forget about it, as no one seems interested in a person who is unwell, so I try and keep active to take my mind off things, unless It's my old back problem which at times am unable to walk.

Hope you fell better soon.
Yvonne,

 
At July 8, 2010 at 6:27 AM , Blogger Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you're sick, too.
I usually crash on the couch for the day and watch movies.

 
At July 8, 2010 at 6:32 AM , Blogger Diana Ferguson said...

Well, like some of the others, I usually am on the couch--- with a comfy quilt and tv going. Lifetime usually passes time for me as well as some praise music.

 
At July 8, 2010 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Beth Zimmerman said...

So sorry you aren't feeling well! It stinks extra bad that it's during vacation! Yuck!

As to what I do when feeling under the weather ... I snuggle up in my recliner with my laptop or a book and watch HGTV and FOOD Network while gnoshing on rainbow sherbet, fruit popsicles, and Sprite. And some times Chicken Noodle Soup!

 
At July 9, 2010 at 7:03 PM , Blogger Karen said...

So sorry for the timing of all this...hope you are totally well very soon...

I usually veg on the couch or in the recliner...with plenty of liquids...rest as I can...and watch TV....

 
At July 9, 2010 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry that your sick. For me sitting in my pajamas watching TV is my ideal vacation so I think you're lucky.

Cd

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Creature of Comfort 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Creature of Comfort 24 25

26
27>