Friday, August 14, 2009

Sew it begins........


Okay on to project number one. Sleepwear. I am creating pajama pants. I got a Kwik Sew pattern (3588). I choose this pattern because I was told that Kwik Sew patterns were the easiest patterns to start off with. I cannot tell you if this is the easiest brand of pattern or not-we shall see. What I have learned is that their is a lot terminology with sewing. I feel like I am learning a new language. Can I post it on my resume-I speak English, Spanish and Sewing? Just kidding. Anyway, learning the terminology has been made a whole lot easier thanks to two wonderful things. First, is a book by Simplicity Pattern Company entitled Simplicity's Simply the Best Sewing Book. It's packed with all kinds of tips and tricks for sewing newbie to the seasoned sewer. It's a must have in sewers reference books. The other life saver that I recommend to sewers is the website www.sewing.org
It has a ton of tips for sewers in handy reference pages that you can print out for future use.

It took me a while to decide what type of material to use for my pj's. I finally decided on some flannel. It's cotton and should be easy to sew. I have it washed pressed and ready to go. I just need to pick up a few more things from Hancock's tomorrow and I will be all set to start cutting out and sewing my pajamas. Fun times! :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 15, 2009 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Dena said...

Carol ~ Congratulations on no only learning how to sew but also documenting your journey. I'm sure you'll do well in your quest. If you're looking for another great source for someone who is learning how to sew, try Sewing.org. They publish two new guidelines each month demonstrating how to properly do sewing techniques. They also have a list of projects ranging from easy to difficult. Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: Sew it begins........ 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 Sew it begins........ 24 25

26
27>