Thursday, August 13, 2009

A New Adventure

Hello readers. I am back. I have been inspired to take up blogging again after watching the movie Julie and Julia. In this movie Julie attempts to cook all the recipes in Julia Child's French cooking cookbook. Does she succeed? Well you will have to watch the movie or read the book to find out. I am going to attempt to do something similar to what Julie did.-except with sewing. I am sew one item from each section of Simplicity's sewing pattern book. The sections are as follows: special occasions, dress, tops, bottoms, men's clothing, sleepwear, babies, home decor, crafts, costumes and accessories. I am giving my self a year and a half to complete this. I don't hope to meet anyone famous or get a new career out of this (as did Julie) but I do home to grow from this experience and learn how to sew. This will certainly be an expericne seeing that I have only sewn one other item and my mother did most of the work on that project. As I work on these projects I will post pictures along with my own meandering thoughts. Hopefully I will gain some followers too-seeing that I don't have any. :) If you are reading this. Thank you, Thank you! :)

Love, Peace and Happy Reads!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At August 14, 2009 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Marissa said...

Carol! I *love* your new blog!! So excited for you! I can't wait to see the movie you mentioned, it sounds really great and something I'd enjoy watching. Good luck with your sewing! I love to sew as well, so if ya have any questions; ask away.

Have a great day, Marissa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

02 03 04 Carol's Corner: A New Adventure 05 13 14 15 16 17 18
19

This page has moved to a new address.

20

21 22 23 A New Adventure 24 25

26
27>